The Lethargy that is Lupus!
Put simply, Lupus can drive us loopy!
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune condition that causes inflammation throughout the body. It tends to be localised rather than systematic and results in a breakdown of cells in the body. While there is not cure for lupus, there are effective treatment protocols that ease symptoms and reduce inflammation.
- Inflammation of the joints;
- Body aches;
- Joint pain;
- Rashes, including a butterfly rash on the face;
- Skin lesions;
- Shortness of breath;
- Sjogren’s syndrome;
- Headache and migraine;
- Brain fog;
- Memory loss; and
- Photosensitivity to UV radiation from sunlight and artificial light.
What Causes Lupus?
We don’t know! But there are a number of factors that appear to contribute to its onset, including:
- Lifestyle triggers including smoking, stress, and exposure to toxins;
- Hormones, particularly increased Estrogen levels; and
- Infection, such as cytomegalovirus and Epstein-Barr.
There are treatment protocols to manage Lupus. At Elixir, we focus on protocols that centre on:
- PEA to reduce inflammation caused by mast cell receptors;
- High dose Vitamin D loading in liquid form;
- A specific form of compounded Magnesium “as” Glycinate;
- Transdermal pain cream containing anti-inflammatories and anaesthetic to reduce pain; and
- Advanced nutrient compounds to reduce adrenal stress.
So, if or someone you know is suffering from Lupus, contact Elixir Compounding today. We offer complementary face-to-face or phone consultations where we can discuss your individual symptoms and recommend a treatment protocol so you can regain your health and live life to the full.