Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a health problem that affects 1 in 10 women of childbearing age. Women with PCOS have a hormonal imbalance and metabolism problems that may affect their overall health and appearance. PCOS is also a common and treatable cause of infertility.
Symptoms of PCOS include:
- Irregular menstrual cycle.
- Facial hair (known as hirsutism
- Acne on the face, chest, and upper back.
- Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp.
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Darkening of skin, particularly along neck creases, in the groin, and underneath breasts.
- Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area.
Inositol is one of the primary treatments PCOS. Inositol is a carbohydrate that can influence the body's insulin response, and when taken as a supplement helps improve metabolic and reproductive aspects of PCOS. Many of the hormonal and reproductive impairments associated with this disorder can be relieved with Inositol.
Elixir compounds 600mg ultra-micronised Inositol capsules.
So, if you or someone you know is suffering from PCOS, contact Elixir Compounding today. We offer complementary face-to-face or phone consultations where we can discuss your individual symptoms and recommend a personalised treatment protocol.